Job Title: Production Supervisor (Night Shift)
Reports to: Production Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Job Summary: This position is accountable to supervise plant employees while ensuring quality, productivity and workplace safety.
o Supervise the labor schedule to maximize output and productivity. Key supervisory responsibilities involve reducing overtime (OT), reducing waste in asafety conscious way to meet production requirements
o Ensure items produced meets product specifications*Ҩ
o Proactive involvement in the development of the production schedules
o Collaborate proactively with Plant Manager, Production Supervisors and Operations Manager to share knowledge, recommendations, staffing and other resources to accomplish goals and measureable objectives.
· Supervise sauce plant staff with respect to performance management, disciplinary action and termination of employment practices.
o Address employee relations issues in a responsive manner that is timely, strategic, proactive, consistent and fair
o Document and report issues to Plant Manager and Human Resources in a timely manner
· Train production staff on job specifics
o Collaborate with the Plant Manager to identify and implement training, cross training and safety training across the plant.
o Support implementation of: GMP’s, Rework and Allergen program, SSOP’s, Chemical program*Ҩ
o Proactively train staff in one-on-one and mentoring situations based on each employee’s individual capabilities and talents. Ongoing, cross train the production line to insure current levels of job knowledge across the plant.
o Ensure all production records are maintained to meet ongoing regulatory compliance
o Ensure the accuracy of production reporting and the timely delivery of such reports to the office.*
· Plant Operations
- Ensure all fire exits are not blocked and that fire extinguisher’s, eye wash stations, first aid cabinet inventory and all other equipment is continuously available.
- Collaborate with QA, Maintenance, Sanitation, and Warehouse to proactively address issue at hand. *Ҩ
- Maintain all standards relating to SQF, GMP’s, HACCP and Food Safety and suggest areas for improvement where needed.*Ҩ
*Denotes Food Safety Job.
Ҩ Denotes Quality
- Must be Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- 5 – 7 years proven supervisoryexperience in a food manufacturing environment
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required, BA/BS preferred
- Knowledge of GMP in Manufacturing, Packing or Holding Human Food, as well as thorough knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook. Knowledge of Word and Excel is helpful
- Working knowledge ofERP tools
- Hands on supervisory experience within a union work environment
- HACCP certification preferred
- Proven resourcefulness
- Detail oriented
- Ability to proactively solve practical problems
- Highly motivated, results focused.
- Able to concurrently make sound business decisions and handle multiple priorities.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills combined with sound judgment
· Strong integrity and ethics
· Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate tactfully regardless of the circumstances at all levels.
· Proven ability to be persistent yet flexible.
· Able to walk through a manufacturing facility in multiple buildings including refrigerated and frozen warehousing facilities
· Able to climb up and down stairs to access various parts of the facility
· Able to sit at and work on a computer
· Able to lift 30 pounds and reach/bend to retrieve documents in cabinets and on shelves.
· Typical manufacturing work
· Typical office environment
· Willing and able to work additional hours as needed to ensure responsibilities are met.
· Second Shift